Saturday, December 29, 2018

OT: The Book of Psalms, Psalm 56

Psalm 56:1-13

56:1-2 Without God, the world would easily swallow us up. Psalmist from ancient days wrote about fears and weariness we experience today. Then and now, we have a God who enables us to persevere and find freedom.

56:3-4 "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust I will not fear." Put your fear in perspective by placing it next to your God. Our fears are rendered powerless when we exert our trust in God. We all fear, and our fears vary, but ultimately, God covers all who call on Him. 

56:5-7 While the enemy and fear that restrict us prey and pounce, God loves us fiercely. Intricately. No fear or enemy can come against the ferocity of His love and protection. 

56:8-11 God knows where you are, precisely: Emotionally, Physically. Our steps and tears are counted, saved. Our prayers are heard and their sound turns our enemies away. The Psalmist trusted these truths because he remembered that God is for His child.

As the Psalmist did, repeat the statement in your heart: In God I have put my trust, I will not be afraid. Put your fear into perspective by placing it next to the endless might and grace and compassion of your God. Who can be against you, if God is for you? (Romans 8:31)

56:12-13 Pray to God and praise Him. Consistently. Simultaneously. Express gratitude as He delivers you into peace. As He supports you even when the floors fall in. God enables you to continue to walk in strength and peace; His light is a hearth and guide.